Monday, August 5, 2013

Gold and Gooseberries


I got some proper metallic gold yarn to make flashy accessories for the upcoming holidays, probably a snood and a pair of lacey things to put on my hands, because if I start now, they may be done it time.
We found gooseberries at the store this weekend! Having never tried them before, we bought a basket.
Once you pop them out of their papery outer shell, there's a lovely citrus/floral scent.
The boys weren't very fond of them, so Daughter and I had to eat them!
I over-dyed three shawls worth of yarn a couple of weeks ago, remembering to take pictures for once, only to be so otherwise occupied that I haven't put the post together.
The summer weather around here hasn't exactly encouraged activity.






No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.