Friday, March 21, 2014

We finally made it to Faire!

And it was still a bit cold as well as being incredibly windy the entire day.  Which is why we didn't really dress this year.  I was going to at least wear my lovely emerald and gold corset (I even finished a matching skirt), but proceeded to forget some of the lacings, so I just wore horns on my head (from a Faire many, many moons ago).
Boy wore one of his father's old shirts and a cloak that I made ages ago.  Girl decided to clip on some sparkly horns and call it good. (Boy is standing on a bit of tree root. He's really only about a head taller than Girl.)
 There were belly dancers.

 Feral fae folk in the trees.  He was being carted around on a lovely woman's shoulders later.

And acrobats!
I also did some shopping....there was a booth of a local farm with hand dyed fiber!  They had a goat! 
It's called "Fire Bender" and I had to have it!  Maybe I should practice my drafting, so I will be able to spin it properly. ;-)
I got my summer sandals at the Faire too, I just don't have pictures of them yet.  We also bought yummy scented candles, which were lit almost immediately following our return home, strawberry and spiced orange, oh my!  We ate fudge, turkey legs, steak on a stick and, in one instance, a chicken crepe. There was the obligatory, for me at least, chocolate dipped frozen banana.  I had a delicious glass of mead.  It was outstanding enough that I am now looking for places to buy it locally!
All in all, a very enjoyable way to support local endeavors!  Hopefully the weather will be better next year.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.