Sunday, June 8, 2014

The good kind of silence

There was a lull just after dinner tonight.  That kind of comfortable silence between lovely food and having to clean up afterward?  Everyone in their space in the living room; Girl curled up with the latest Dresden novel, Boy with his nose in the latest Discworld novel,  Husband re-reading the Dresden series, the cat curled up in the shoes by my feet napping.....and me, clicking away.
It lasted ten or fifteen minutes.  The loudest sound was my metal needles scritching against each other as I churned out another row. 
And then, it was time to clean up, with much bashing of pots and pans and turning on of the dishwasher.  That's okay though, I wasn't the one having to do the dishes tonight. ;-)

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.