Saturday, August 23, 2014

I took a bit of a dip in the yarn stash

I went looking for yarn for one project.  I found partial skeins of two dozen lovely wool yarns, inspiring the brilliant idea for a couple of stash busting travel bags.  Bags that would use lots of yardage while being a bit more distinctive and really easy to wash.  I started a large rectangular bag yesterday afternoon:
I've added about 6 inches to the sides since this morning.  I keep changing yarns, making the project rather addicting. :-)
In between knitting more toys, which can be rough on my hands, I cast on a really lovely lace shawl from Rosemary Hill called Brandywine.  The yarn has lost it's ball band, but I'm pretty sure it's from Verdant Gryphon.

It's turning into a really gorgeous piece.  The combination of yarn and pattern is wonderful!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.