Friday, October 10, 2014

Red and leopard print

I decided that I needed short red gloves (Petit Riens by E.A. Kelley) for my holiday party outfit a couple of months ago.  I was three-quarters of the way through the first one when I tried it on. That was when I discovered it was too small.  The unfinished piece was ripped and re-cast in a larger size.
It's really a bright tomato red(in Naturally Dawn wool/silk) that matches my high heels and contrasts beautifully against the black and green of the chosen dress.  I also under estimated how long it would take to knit a glove on 2.5mm needles! Guess what I am doing this weekend?
I finally overcame my fear of working a three color hat ( I would love to tell you the yarn, but I lost the ball bands. I think it's Berroco Vintage DK)  In fact, I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying it!
And the inside:
The hat is Stray by Andi Satterlund   I have to hope at some point it will get cool enough to wear such a soft, squishy hat outside!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.