Friday, January 30, 2015

First sewing project of the year

I have let myself be daunted by my sewing long enough. It is time to end the worry that I will mess it up and just go for it!   I decided to get back into the swing of things with this Butterick pattern.  The version with pockets of course.  An apron seemed the logical choice.  I wouldn't mind so much if I messed it up, it's destined to get mucked up anyway, as I intend it for practical wear (gotta protect all those nice clothes I'm going to make).  Surprisingly, it's turned out quite well so far.  Tomorrow it will be hemmed and the fastening put on the waistband in the back. 
I adore my knitting, but sewing is so much faster!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.