Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Proof of Progress

My Friday the 13th went surprisingly badly this year, not the least of which was my sewing machine deciding it was going to stop working properly! With my sewing machine in need of repair, a stack of sewing projects unfinished and a looming deadline; I gave in and purchased a basic model as a temporary fix.  It is the only reason I have any sewing progress to show at all.
Those are three of the six pencil skirts (it was going to be four, but there was extra fabric) that were waiting to be made.
I turned the heel of my first Mirkwood sock.  I plan on finishing the gusset on the first, turning the heel on the second and then barreling through the foot portion of both.
The pattern calls for an Eye of Partridge heel which was outstandingly fun to knit!  Part of the reason I have routinely avoided cuff down socks was the tediousness of knitting the heel flap.  This sock has convinced me that maybe they aren't so bad. ;-)
I am on the final embroidery motif for my craft bag. Sadly, I have to keep spacing it out as I unconsciously hunch up over the work which causes great pain.  I love the result though!

More knitting and embroidery are on the docket for this evening...maybe I will eventually finish something.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.