Thursday, February 12, 2015

There are so many tops I need to knit....

Which might explain why I am currently obsessed with socks.

These socks are the ones in active progress:
Two are cuff down, unusual for me. The Capitola sock which hasn't gotten a lot of love in it's startling yellow-green shade of cashmere laced goodness.  The Mirkwood socks are for a knit along I found by sheer accident (with outstanding timing), when looking for a project for an old skein of hand dyed Valley Yarns Franklin in the Mountain Spring colorway.  The third sock is a toe up child's tube sock in Rose City, KnitPicks Hawthorne line (which I may be totally besotted with).
 I may have at least four more pairs of socks in potentia, three of which are from the Hawthorne line.
The other colors from the Hawthorne line are: Sunnyside, Happy Valley, and Alberta Arts. The yarn front and center is Plum Black, Crock-o-dye, from Knit One, Crochet too.  The Plum Black I bought at my local yarn shop with the pattern for the socks already forming in my head.
 At some point, I may get to knit them up, along with a few other pattern ideas for socks that have started bouncing around in my brain.
I suppose I should go back to knitting on those tops I mentioned, at least for a little bit, then I can go back to working on my socks!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.