Thursday, July 30, 2015

I bought a few skeins...

In my defense, KnitPicks was having a sale and aside from a couple of skeins of sock yarn, this is probably the last yarn purchase for the next five to six months.  This haul will net me; two sweaters, five pairs of standard size socks, a pair of striped thigh highs, and two beaded lace shawls.  These have been added to the stash as projects in labelled zip top bags with everything except the required needles, which is what most of my yarn stash is; projects in potentia.I also got a few skeins to stretch yarn already in stash so I could make another LivedIn.
The golden tan color is a discontinued shade called Butter Pecan. I plan on using the Fibonacci number sequence to blend the cream color into the body of the sweater.
Then, a friend kindly brought me a few skeins of her hand dye.
From left to right those are: Tequila Sunrise, Blue Jay and Robin.  Tequila Sunrise is going to be made into an elephant toy to put on the bar. I may already be planning for said pink elephant to have a feather boa and a tiny martini glass.  Robin and Blue Jay will become hats and mitts for Daughter and Son, respectively.
Amidst all this incoming yarn (there was a little spinning fiber too, but I forgot to take pictures), I did manage to finish another sweater.
I finally completed the Namaste I've been working on since...February? Maybe March? I know most of it was knit in April.  I adore the finished piece, it was just not an overly engaging thing to knit, so it took me a wee bit.
That leaves two cotton tops on the needles that need to be finished before I get to work on the winter wear I've been letting languish in the summer heat.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.