Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Maybe I'll move to Australia

I should be happy.
I got to have an enjoyable visit with family over Father's Day.
My house is surprisingly clean and orderly.
My plants are starting to produce blueberries, sugar snap peas, and tomatoes,  with the promise of green nutmeg melons and cucumbers soon.

But in less than thirty minutes yesterday, I had a happy crash.

The heating element on my dryer died, with two loads still soggy.
I cracked my skull on the laundry cabinets looking for the model number on the dryer.
I ran out of yarn,  for the second time, on a shawl I would desperately love to finish. (My fault.  Gauge issues.)
And my laptop caught something unpleasant that I still am attempting to get rid of.

So this afternoon,  after working on the laptop problem a bit, weighing the ball of yarn and realizing it would not stretch to all the ever increasing rows as well as the bind off...I put down the knitting, got ice cream, and bought more yarn. There may also be a glass of huckleberry wine later, after I get dinner sorted.

It's not really awful or terrible or horrible.  Things can be fixed. My head will heal.  More yarn is on the way. I didn't even drop my ice cream.
It was just multiple little things all at once that got under my skin.  It happens sometimes.  And it would make me cranky wherever I was.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.