Thursday, July 21, 2016

Wallowing in the surreality


Mix together all the publicly known chaos and violence lately that you still feel quite personally involved in (my thoughts and heart have been with those to whom those things are personal quite often), paired with the actual personal things that really are at soap opera levels at this point and then add a dollop of current American politics.

It makes life feel astoundingly surreal,but not the good kind of surreal, more the kind where you stand there saying: "Really?!"

The blog suffers (I'm never quite sure what to say as it ends up sounding trite and insincere even when it's honestly neither), but I get quite a bit of knitting done.  Sometimes, I even finish things...even if I don't block them.
I finished the Water shawl in the Elemental Collection
I also finished the Queen of Thorns MKAL:
Aaaannd the Godswood MKAL, the dvd case is for scale, it turned out much larger than expected:
 
My gauge was off on the last one.  I ran out of yarn....twice.  It is really lovely though!

Books have been bought, more yarn purchased...and I may have purchased some of  this in the Forget Me and Milky Spite colorways.  I made a shirt out of Deep Regret, (scroll down)  it's a quite flattering mauve/old rose/ washed out copper colorway and the name was outstanding.
There's been much focusing on the mundane and routine; taking care of new folks in the office, attending barbecues, gardening and active contemplation of what to do for Halloween this year.
For now, it helps

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.