Tuesday, October 4, 2016

It's October!

It's really been non-stop since mid-September.  I finished Petrichor, have been wearing it daily since I wove in the ends, and have yet to take a photo of it completed.
We went to a local parade to, apparently, have candy flung at us.
My eldest turned twenty-one.
My son made his first pie from scratch, video game inspired butterscotch cinnamon custard:
Complete with fresh cinnamon whipped cream:
I finished my Cheshire Noir shawl:
And I finally made my husband his birthday cake, German chocolate of course:
But I may have been over enthusiastic with the frosting, as it apparently squished cake layers:
Husband and I spent  some time at the Hoptober Freshtival which was fun, though got a bit more crowded than was really comfortable later in the afternoon, so we left after a few hours.  I'm hoping that maybe they will have a bigger venue next year.  It did seem as though there were way more people than anticipated as the food vendors, as well as some of the breweries started running out of supplies by mid-afternoon (it had started at noon and was scheduled to go till 8pm).

Amidst all of this frolicking and pastry eating, the rest of my knitting and all of my sewing(none of which are good travel projects), have been left to languish just a bit.
I'll leave you with the cross stitch  I finished fairly recently, bought at JoAnns on a whim:


No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.