Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Day Before Thanksgiving!

Or, as it's known outside the United States, happy Wednesday in late November!

Things have been a bit busy, what with potlucks and the like.  Which is why I only realized a couple of days ago that I was going to need to start thinking about my winter seasonal decor.  After a mild bout of panic, I pulled out a bunch of my winter embroidery patterns and got this one in the hoop.
It's the Winter Ambigram  from Urban Threads.  (Please excuse the poor lighting in all the photos as we are due for our first decent snow of the season, all light is currently gray.)  I'm hoping to get it done in a couple more days.

After having to rip out the Erica that was too big, I needed a palette cleanser.  I ripped out a hat that I had made too small and re-purposed the yarn into some Olivia mitts.
The yarn is Maverick Fiber Company DK in the Sedona colorway, (bought directly from the dyer too).  The yarn is gorgeous and warm.  The pattern worked up quick and beautiful.  I love these mitts!

I did re-cast the Erica sweater...I just haven't had the drive to get very far on it...again.  Even if it is knitting up faster at a smaller size.


I may have also let myself get slightly distracted by a couple of Hunter Hammersen patterns...can you blame me?
First is the Petiole  hat in Malabrigo Rios in Hojas (leaves):

The mitts will follow.  I may also have a cowl in this colorway already.  My excuse for casting on the hat and mitts was that I needed a full set.
And then she came out with Conflagration.  I immediately went looking for yarn.  Lava Flow from Lorna's Laces seemed just perfect!
Leaves and fire?  How could I not want to knit these?!?!

The last project that has my attention is a knit along called Project Peace.  This is a need to do for me personally.  It's difficult not to be pleased that so many others agree!  I went stash diving for this one, which is why I can't tell you what yarn this is, (the ball band went missing ages ago).  It is beautiful blues and teals and turquoise as well as sparkly.
Hopefully, I will make progress on my sweater as well as potentially finish the hat, mitts, and embroidery piece over the long weekend...I have other things to get on the needles!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.