Thursday, March 30, 2017

Happy Spring?

It's been gray and raining for most of March.  The whole household has had the cold plus cough thing that everyone has seemed to have lately.  Much to my shock, it's snowing as I type this.  My spring plantings are living on a windowsill for now.  I am pondering if there will actually be an end to winter.
I've knit a lovely hat and mitt set that I thought might be too warm for the March for Science on Earth Day, now I'm not so sure.
I may also have bought more yarn.
While that is not all of my recent yarn purchases, I haven't stopped to take pictures of the others.
The luscious skein front and center is for BooKnits Just Be You shawl KAL that starts in May.  The yarn is Claudia Handpaints in their Lust yarn base in the colorway Last Nights Wine.  I still giggle at the combination of yarn and pattern.
After a conversation with Husband discussing how he is quite all right with women with "edges" (yes I may be a bit prickly on occasion), I decided to go with beads that were cubes instead of round.
I love the combination!  Happily I have time to clear a few things off the needles before the first clue comes out...it's not like I can head outside to tend the garden...yet.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.