Monday, November 20, 2017

Trying to find a little winter spirit

With Halloween having left me feeling flat, I thought I should get a run up to the next holiday/season (especially with us now having company for Christmas).
So, I dug in the craft stash; grabbed yarn, a pattern book, some fabric, a handful of embroidery floss and a couple of embroidery patterns, then set to work!
The knitting project is the Gothic Glam Yule Hat from The AntiCraft book
I don't own any furry yarn, so a mohair blend it was.  I also have decided to braid red and black yarn and add green metal scales to the tip top instead of a pom pom.  My colorwork isn't great, but this is also still un-blocked.
For embroidery choices, I decided to go with a couple of less conventional pieces:
I have also been slightly productive!
I finished my Nuka Cola socks (with Quantum colored heels and cuffs, of course)
The main colored yarn is Nuka Cola from Nerd Girl Yarns.  The contrast color is Electric Blue Stroll (discontinued) from Knit Picks.
I've finished other things as well, just haven't taken any photos yet. 
I'm going to try and force the ooomph to come back and get things rolling again in December.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.