Saturday, January 13, 2018

I was going to blog sooner....

But I got distracted and knit a sweater.
It's a Dockside sweater.  I started it last Sunday, bound off the second sleeve this afternoon.  Yes, it really is an adult size sweater.  I've tried it on and it sits quite nicely, though it still needs blocking.
The (almost) instant gratification of a sweater knit on size U.S. 17(12 mm) needles with no shaping and minimal detail work was really the counterpoint to the project I finished the first week of the year for Husband.
That is a pair of mens size 13 U.S. socks on my usual U.S. size 2 (2.75 mm) sock needles.  It's the Time Traveler sock pattern done in Dream in Color's Green Lantern colorway with an inserted Green Lantern device.  Yes, that is a standard size paperback book (good series by the way).  No, my colorwork skills are not as awesome as they could be.
We will not discuss how long it took me to finish these socks.

The sweater also has me off to a decent start for the 2018 Challenge on Ravelry that I decided I would participate in for some reason.  Admittedly, the list I have of projects to complete does not encompass all the projects I hope to finish this year, it's just a good reference to work from.  I've also decided that for some reason plain socks will not count against that particular official challenge.  Mentally, I've joined the Box O Sox 2018 hosted by the YarnGasm podcast.  I even have a boring cardboard box next to my knitting seat labelled, "Socks"...just in case they start randomly flying off the needles.  As there are only seven patterned socks on my official challenge list, that means another five completed pairs of socks that I only plan on counting for one of the challenges.

Talk about delusions of knitting time!  I suppose we will have to see what happens.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.