Thursday, February 1, 2018

It's only February?

January was... a lot. My laptop battery began to die. Obtained a new one. The heating element went out on my dryer.  Bought a new heating element and replaced it myself.  My printer started arguing with me yesterday. Still need to sort that out.  Darling Son needed his bed frame replaced.  A new bed frame is on it's way.
Even my knitting was not spared.  Apparently my gauge was off, waaaay off on this Tea Leaves shawl
I ran out of yarn.  I bought another skein, Malabrigo Arroyo in the Coffee Toffee colorway.  And proceeded to run out of yarn.  The shawl was ripped, re-cast on smaller needles and at some point I will take a picture of the finished item...once it's blocked.
While I was waiting for the yarn for the shawl, I cast on something else; of course.
That is the start of a V-neck Boxy in Stroll Tonal, Thunderhead colorway.  Because it seemed entirely sensible at the time to cast on a huge, fine gauge sweater as a filler project.

I also wound the yarn and swatched for the Auspice shawl that will be my 2018 Ravellenics project.
That is actually the called for yarn in the pattern.  Not something I normally do, but the yarn was so incredibly pretty!  It's Northbound Knitting in their merino/silk fingering, Tanqueray colorway.

As it's a whole week till the official cast on time for the Ravellenics; I cast on a Radiant Dragon in my first skein of Junkyarn in her Sophie colorway.  I would show you pictures, but the yarn was so lovely when it arrived yesterday afternoon it was wound and cast on by the time dinner was done.  Eventually I will be willing to put it down long enough to photograph it.  Must. Keep. Knitting!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.