Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I do love my henna!


It isn't pretty to look at. It's horribly messy to play in. It takes longer than a standard bottle of chemical dye to prepare and use. There is no eye-watering smell. As for results, the proof in in the picture, taken in full sunlight the day I hennaed my hair and after it had dried. The color has darkened some, to something less carrot and more copper colored.
I have tried a lot of chemical dyes, henna still gives me the most authentic color. I use a mix of half henna, half cassia, bought from Mehandi , found courtesy of Wendy . I think using henna is worth the time spent, especially with complements about my beautiful hair and how wonderful the color is. No one need know I'm a blond in disguise, right?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.