Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Plant Happiness



When I woke up this morning and looked out my bedroom window, I couldn't help but smile at the pretty star shape the summer squash had grown to. Then there was the bright red against green of my first tomatoes of the season. There are also three types of cucumber, basil, strawberries, and watermelon in the backyard beds. Plus a handful of chile plants in pots that are just starting to produce.
I admit, the real reason I am pleased is that nothing has managed to kill off this set of plants before they started to produce. With this being the second go, now I just have to hope they will get through their growing season before the cold weather arrives again.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.