Monday, September 30, 2013

Slight change in plans

So, I was planning to post pictures of the dress I bought for the office holiday party, discuss how I plan to style an outfit that is elegant and sexy.  Maybe even a few pictures of the (slightly) fancy birthday festivities we had for Darling Daughter.  In light of current events, the plans changed a bit.
Instead, Husband and I did the grocery shopping for two months this weekend, (me, thankful every second that we could manage it), and I made granola, roasted chickpeas, and got out the cooler weather vegetable seeds.
 Fall knitting is now in full swing. I had already planned on rather a lot of new knitwear for the upcoming season, as most of my previously knit sweaters now belong to my daughter.  The sweaters look far better on her anyway.  Now I feel clever about planning ahead.
I've got four shawls, three sweaters, a hat(in leopard print), and at least four pairs of fingerless mitts planned, with yarn in hand, that I would like finished by the end of October.  One of them is this lovely shawl that is decidedly small blanket size.  Yes, it's probably a bit crazy, but as I am not including the endless list of socks, the multiple other shawls, or the actual blanket that are on my to knit list, it seems a sensible list and deadline right now.
The yarns at the beginning of the to knit list. Please note, they are not green or black. ;-)

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.