Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Trying to get caught up

It's that time of year, courtesy of Stash Dash and The KnitGirllls, that I start trying to organize my projects, so that just maybe, I will be able to have some things completed before the year is over.  The list of knitting projects to finish is at forty-two.  I've got a dozen or so embroidery or cross stitch pieces as well as at least that many sewing projects just waiting for me to pay attention to them.
On the positive side, once I sew in the sleeves on my Embry, the list of completed projects will be up to sixteen.
I did manage to complete the Sibylla lace shawl.  It was a fabulous piece to knit.  Now it just needs a wash and a block.
I've also managed through clue 4 of the Queen of Thorns, Game of Thrones 2016 mkal, though the fifth and final clue has already gone live, so I am hoping to complete this shawl this weekend.
I also just got through clue 3 of The Godswood of Winterfell shawl.  I am currently a solid clue behind, the piece is lovely, I just keep getting distracted.
Here is one of the distractions...
I found him over at Urban Threads, had him downloaded, traced and stitched in two days flat.  There was something about the design, I couldn't seem to put it down.
The other distraction is my growing collection of coloring books.
I love them!  The small ones are actually blank notebooks.  As someone who was a fan of the DoodleArt posters as a teenager, how could I not love these coloring books?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.