Saturday, August 20, 2016

If I concentrate...

If I don't get distracted by all the shiny, sometimes, I actually get things done.  
Like the first embroidered dishtowel in a new set from this set
And the fact that I have only knit on one project for the last week means Keavy is almost done!
The photo is from a couple of days ago, as of right now, the first sleeve is four inches from completion.  Admittedly, the sleeve black hole has me casting desirous glances at this yarn:
Yarn which was recently obtained for the shawl Hestia. I have not let myself wind it up, or even keep it in plain sight.  Winding the first skein is the reward for finishing the first sleeve.

Life is not all needlework though.  We've been hitting the farmers market most weekends.  A couple of weeks ago we bought cabbages. The largest was bigger than my head!  
That's a quart mason jar (with tea) for scale.  The cabbage was a solid ten pounds and quite delicious.  There's been lettuce and tomatoes and herbs from the potted plants in the backyard...I keep forgetting to take pictures before eating them.

Now back to knitting sleeves...while visions of lovely shawls and pineapples dance in my head.

1 comment:

Bukan Saya said...

Thank you for another fantastic posting. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a speech next week, and I was looking for more info ;) Cerita Hot : Sofa Cinta

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.