Thursday, November 13, 2008

New craft table!

I'm very excited. If I hadn't been overcome with enthusiasm for prepping my backyard for a proper garden before the first snow out here, I probably would be able to enjoy it much more. But then the table wouldn't look all lovely, it would be covered in fabric and pins, the same fabric stacked next to it, just waiting to become all sorts of lovelies. Someday the craft table and sewing machine will be accompanied by a loom,a spinning wheel,and maybe a potter's wheel (did I mention I like to paint and draw too?) but until I have a studio to house them, they will probably have to wait. I rather assume that my family has no desire to live amongst all my projects all the time, and might want some room for their own things as well. At least I still have my drop spindle to play with.

Last weekend was spent cooking. A lot. Hubby made 2 gallons of clam chowder, from scratch and Philly cheese steaks. The leftover meat from the cheese steaks got turned into nachos. I also did up a few pork roasts and 2 gallons of corn chowder. Soup is popular around here during the cold months, it freezes well, and usually requires only some fresh bread and salad to make an entire meal. Gotta love the simplicity. Too bad it means re-organizing my pantry to house all the dried peas, beans, rice, flour, and cornmeal. At least it looks nice with everything in glass mason jars. It also leaves me more knitting time. Woohoo!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.