Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ummm Happy Halloween?




I've been blogging in my head for three weeks now, does that count?

The kids went to a costumed birthday party the week before Halloween. Darling Daughter won the costume contest. Boyo went for a bit more elegant look. He wore the velvet cape we got him for about a week straight. We had a decent amount of trick or treaters, though still far too much candy left. The amount diminishes rather rapidly daily.

I held my breath with everyone else on Tuesday, unable to sleep until the last speech was done, toasting the television with my wine glass as tears rolled down my face, rather overwhelmed by the emotional outpouring from the crowd at the acceptance speech. (The crowd's reaction reminded me of the early video of Beatles' fans.) I am very thankful that things turned out the way they did. I admit to being rather disappointed in my home state for passing a ban on gay marriage. I suppose in a way it's a trade-off. One can only hope it's worth it.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.