Friday, October 23, 2009

Very Happy Yarn





Finally broke down and bought some Malabrigo the other day. My downfall was actually getting to touch some of this amazing yarn in person. I could resist the gorgeous colors on the screen. I could forget all the lovely descriptions given by other people. And then, I got to pet a skein. It was yarn my darling husband wanted to sleep on, not a standard response to yarn from him. On the same day The Loopy Ewe sent me an e-mail announcing their latest shipment of Malabrigo. I had hubby pick a color he liked, which took awhile as the list of colors he didn't like was much shorter. After much deliberation, he picked Azul Bolita 80, a rather electric blue with purple tones to it. I personally decided on Stonechat 173(deep reds/olive greens/browns) for a little vintage look cardigan that I have wanted to make for ages, but kept putting off the yarn purchase.
The yarn itself really is just beautiful and soft as can be. It's been lovely to work with, because of course I cast on the first of Hubby's two hats almost immediately. My reasoning being two-fold: first, it means there will be no actual addition to the yarn stash as it is immediately being worked up into something, and secondly, with the way the temperatures have dropped recently he could use a couple of warm, wool hats.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.