Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall is in the air


So why is my garden of summer things finally growing? The picture is of a squash. I have no idea exactly what kind it is, as it's from a mixed packet of heirloom seeds. I also have cucumbers, a melon (again no clue as to kind for the same reason as the squash) and tomato plants that are suddenly and unexpectedly downright prolific.
It also is a time of major housekeeping for me. The summer always is rather free form, with warm weather making you think of the beach and picnics, not about what is in your pantry or making mass amounts of stew. Let's also not forget the holidays right around the corner. Menus must be planned, windows washed, painting finished, plus all the standard fall house things of cleaning up the yards and stocking of the pantry and freezer before it gets too cold. All the while trying to finish my woolen winter wear before the temperature drops much more. Did I also mention the much anticipated company that will be arriving in another month or so? I'm really hoping they don't mind the rather informal accommodations!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.