Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Keeping it going

Our fourth of July weekend went fairly well. The kids made chocolate coated ice cream sandwiches because they heard me lamenting not being able to obtain an It's-It. Their version was quite tasty! We watched almost every firework show in the nearby area from our backyard, all at once. The entire horizon was swathed in multi-colored sparkles.
The hard part was my husband having a four day weekend. I did not. I still managed to get my workouts in Friday and Monday mornings. The housekeeping was accomplished. After a year of ripping, re-knitting and long bouts of hibernation, I finally finished Darling Husbands socks. Even in heavier sock yarn , much effort was put into The Socks.
I also finished a very over-dramatic, fuzzy, black hooded wrap that's been hanging around half done for ages. I admit to giggling when I tried it on after fulling. Now I just have to wait for the cooler weather so I have an excuse to wear it! Quite a productive weekend!
Now to just keep going....and not think about chocolate coated ice cream sandwiches, that are in the freezer.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.