Monday, July 12, 2010

One of my favorite distractions ever!

I love playing dress up. Always have. Always will. The problem for me has been finding eras, genres, or styles that I like enough to have more than one outfit or piece of art from. I have made Renaissance Faire costumes, belly dance ensembles and 1950's house dresses.
In the last year or so, I have found steampunk. I love it. It allows me to incorporate almost everything I adore and then some. The decor in my home is slowly steampunking itself through choices made not only by me, but my Darling Husband as well. Leather and antique brass paired with darker wood and lush silks and velvets. It is a wonderful way for us to combine elegant and eclectic without being hodge podge. Someday, the whole house might actually be done.
My kids have also latched onto it in their own ways, so it's becoming kind of a family thing.
Now I just have to figure out how to get them all to dress up with me! :-D

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.