Friday, July 9, 2010

Juney-Fu Accomplished

Let me confess now: I didn't exercise as much as I had intended this week, mainly because of lower back pain that reared it's ugly head. I also failed in the "eating the way I'm supposed to" department yesterday. My body is reminding me that I did something wrong yesterday by blessing me with a horrible creeping headache today so I remember I am not to do that again.
This week ended up being a weird blend of Victorian/1950's/ modern house management. I've been very conscientious about using up leftovers, making things from scratch, sticking to my planned menu choices, not giving in and have Hubby pick up Chinese take-out or pizza on the way home and using online resources to find menu plans and ideas for new recipes. I even sat down this morning, clipped coupons and put them in a clearly labeled envelope with date of expiration on the outside. I feel very accomplished JuneyFu-wise. The plants I have left are thriving, so hopefully I will be able to harvest fresh fruits and veggies from the yard before the summer is done.
I also started work on the Strider Cowl in some lovely Malabrigo in Black Forest. It's very simple, very lovely, and a lovely break from mass amounts of lace knit with yarn the gauge of dental floss.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.