Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I really love hiking

I really do! The mountains north of us are just amazing! Full of aspen, blue spruce, wild flowers and the obligatory poison oak. There are chipmunks, squirrels, woodpeckers, ravens, mule deer and black bears (we only saw the bear's tracks) to name just some of the local fauna we came across in our hike. The hike that my Darling Daughter had at the top of her birthday list for things to do. The lovely hike in very cool temperatures at eleven thousand feet. In boots that took the skin off both heels thanks to blisters, (I obviously don't wear shoes enough), while recovering from a seasonal cold, whose cough still lingers. The almost four mile hike, (which isn't really that much) that I may not have enjoyed as much as I normally would so I am thinking we need to do it again. With me in boot socks and band aids from the beginning for starters.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.