Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pondering a different approach

After spending the shortest night with a bottle of wine and a book, ( good wine , good book and everyone else was sick or occupied), I started thinking that maybe I should start taking a bit better care of myself after looking at myself in the mirror this morning.
I do wish this meant a trip to the store to rummage through the beauty section and purchase anything and everything with "age defying" and " radiance" on the label, that I might coat myself from head to toe. That would be too simple. Spending money on products that just make my skin cranky, no matter what the labels say and with no regard to the fantastic packaging, would be at best disappointing. A different course of action must be contemplated.
Words like "exercise routine", "fruits and vegetables", and "made using stuff in the kitchen" have been bouncing around in my brain. I have had these minor epiphanies before, with obvious inconsistent dedication. I need to figure out how to lend some self-discipline from other parts of my life to the taking care of myself part.
Maybe I should just add it to my daily housework list?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.