Friday, November 9, 2012

Knitting Wallflower

Okay, probably just "wallflower" would work, but today the focus is on knitting. ;-)
In case you hadn't noticed, I love knitting.  I am also rather fond of knit alongs.  The latest that have caught my attention are the Crazy Knitalong  from the Stockinette Zombies and Fat Squirrel Speaks and the Jane's Ubiquitous Shawl knitalong mentioned over at CraftLit   
Yes, I am fond of podcasts as well.
Sadly, there is a problem with me and knitalongs.  I can work to deadlines.  The ones that catch my attention involve patterns or concepts that make me happy; Alice in Wonderland, dragons, stash busting, pretty lace patterns and an assortment of other things have been on the list before.
The problem is putting myself forward.  Attention of any sort (positive or negative) tends to make me uncomfortable.  Having people notice what I have made, especially if there is a compliment involved, disconcerts me.
I love what I make.  I enjoy that people like what I make. Apparently, I just can't handle hearing about it.
That said, I will still participate in the knitalongs, even if I don't say much.  I am still knitting! :-D

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.