Saturday, January 4, 2014

The new year so far....

Is it any surprise that my new year has been wrapped in yarn? 

There's the push to finish Husband's socks.
Please note that each sock has a  10.5" foot with a 6"leg, for a grand total of about 33" of knitting.

There's the charity knitting, only just really started.
And then, there is the I really really want that project that got me to buy the actual suggested yarn (last year).
Our family holiday gift has also figured largely into things lately.
As a household of outrageous Terry Pratchett/Discworld fans, this game has been a huge hit.  We played three games back to back New Year's Day, with me giggling every five seconds at the cards in my hands.  It's quite difficult to plot a winning strategy that way. ;-)

Mostly, I've been trying to be consistent.  Scheduling knitting time for particular projects amongst the other daily things so I actually make progress and finish things instead of becoming intimidated by (and/or forgetting about  thus casting on even more things for) the leaning tower of unfinished objects is the big one. 

So far so good, even if it is only day four. ;-)




No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.