Sunday, November 8, 2020

So.....how are you?

 Better than earlier this week I hope?  A little less stress this weekend?

I've been knitting on projects that require bits and pieces to be knit and then sewn together.  Progress always feels slow.

I did finish a pair of replacement hats for a friend.  Now I just need to get them posted out!


The pattern is the Invader Zim GIR knit hat.  I am really hoping I got them right.  Ten years is a long time between projects!

With snow predicted, I went stash diving and knit a pair of non-felted slippers.


They are not the most elegant looking project, but as the predicted snow showed up right on time, thick wool slippers are quite welcome!

I also designed a mati pillow.  I found one in crochet, but it didn't look like the ones I grew up with and my grandmother is fond of...and my crochet is not that great. Now I just need to test the pattern I wrote out.  The urge to make buckets of little ones and just hand them out to people is strong...but most people look at you funny when you hand them an eyeball and tell them it's for their protection.

With this as the landscape already:


I think I need to get back the the Nott cowls for the family and the knee high (at least), DK weight, boot socks I am cobbling together; bits and pieces and protective eyes may take a back seat for a bit.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.