Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween!

Quite a few decorations actually got put up!  There are several stringers of lights in festive colors, though a fair number did stay in their storage box.  An astounding number of skulls and skeletons are scattered about the place (I am sure they all belong here, I just don't remember acquiring quite so many.)



I may take Daughter's suggestion; tack the Yuletide decorations over the Halloween ones and go full Nightmare Before Christmas this year.

We didn't have many trick or treaters last year (before Winter decided to arrive in mid-October and our current pandemic situation), so the plan is to leave the front of the house dark this year, much to the dismay of everyone in the house.  The kids that come to the door tend to be our favorite parts of Halloween, but the numbers of cases and deaths are really rather high around here...and just going up, so we err on the side of caution.

Mostly this witch would like to encourage you to enjoy your Halloween however you are able, bathe in the lovely blue moon tonight and remember to vote!


Hat band on my witch's hat (handmade by Husband) is the EmPower People cowl.  This stuff is important y'all!

(Yes, I do look like a background character from The Craft.  But as it came out in 1996 and I started dressing like this somewhere around '92, I'd say the costume department just used what they had been seeing on actual people.  Which makes this style inspiration for the costumes instead...nope, still weird (if not weirder).  On the up side, my skirt and bracelets glow in the dark!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.