Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Blast. It's October already, isn't it?

 Bugger.  

Two of my favorite people on the planet have their birthdays the first week of October...and for some reason, it always sneaks up on me.

The first week of October happens every year.  Not like it's a surprise. /sighs

My house still looks like it usually does, despite Halloween looming.  By this point, the inside of the house typically looks like a glowing orange, green and purple, be-spider webbed, witch cottage.

The sunflower Summer decor is still up.  Getting out the Halloween decorations has been on my to-do list for a solid two weeks.

I knit Daughter a sweater for her birthday.  It's a magpie colored Chuck by Andi Satterlund, decidedly modified as Daughter does not like tight sweaters.  It still needs the ends woven in, and a wash.


I have also gotten a new Gir hat on the needles, with a second soon to follow.  I had knit a bunch of these for holiday gifts a, literal, decade ago.  A friend's husband decided it was his favorite hat, and has been wearing it pretty much non-stop (including at least one local television appearance) for the the last ten years.  Friend recently asked if I could knit him a couple more so maybe she could wash them more often?  

I found replacement yarn, but the gauge was not quite right.  I re-worked the numbers, making endless comparisons to the one I had knit for Husband at the same time, oh those many years ago, and finally got something almost identical.

So having re-re-re-cast the hat, I should now be able to get through them fairly quickly.


I have been slightly slowed by the cooler weather.  My cat demands a lap to warm her hips most days now.  How could I refuse this face?



No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.