Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My first attempt at hula

It's been something on my list to try for quite some time. I figured it would be interesting. I have a good bit of belly dance experience so that should help, right?

Not as much as I thought. The words awkward and embarrassing come to mind.

The forms have similarities, mainly hip motions. Not enough for me to pick it up as quickly as I'd like. I've spent the rest of the day randomly practicing moves while checking my form in the bathroom mirror. My body isn't thanking me yet. In fact, it yells at me every time I go up or down the stairs. Which is why it made perfect sense to go out and rake up rocks in the backyard afterwards. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Energy is at an all time low. Sitting, knitting, and watching mindless television call to me. Knowledge of the huge pile of clean laundry on the couch, waiting to be folded is ignored.
My respite is short-lived; dinner must be made, house must be tidied, and that horrible monster called laundry must be finished. I imagine I will do an astounding impression of a rock not long after I fall into bed tonight.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.