Thursday, September 25, 2008

A little more detail

As requested here's a little more detail about the "no 'poo" way of doing things. Please keep in mind I have waist length fine hair, you will need to play with the proportions to get things to suit you personally. I use about a tablespoon or so of baking soda made into a thin paste and applied to the roots of my hair, left for about a minute or two, then rinsed well. For the vinegar rinse I use about 2 tablespoons of herbed vinegar in a cup to a cup and a half of warm water, poured over everything except the roots of my hair and left for about the same amount of time as the baking soda paste, then again rinsed well. If this is too much work, as it does take a bit of prep time and thinking ahead, Burt's Bees makes lovely shampoos and conditioners without all the extra unwanted yuck in them. Hope this helps!

1 comment:

Ummm, honey?? said...

Thanks darling dearest! I'll pass the wonderful information on, mayhaps I'll recommend that she check your blog every so often too. :)

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.