Monday, December 8, 2008

'Tis the Season

There was the gathering of the neighbors to get together and chat(not too horrible as most of my neighbors are really lovely people). The local Christmas parade that we just had to go to (according to the kids), because they had friends on a couple of floats. It was below freezing, so once we'd seen their friends' floats we came home and had hot chocolate. There's enthusiastic lights and displays up and down the block. The kids have also handed us their wish lists. These lists tend to be a source of anxiety for most parents; prone to being arm length, coated in "I wannas" that all cost an arm and a leg apiece. Not my kids. Their lists are a handful of things each, if you count both requesting enough snow to go out and really play in. I guess that whole, "stuff isn't the purpose behind the holiday" has actually gotten through. Most of their lists don't require batteries either, which is apparently rather singular nowadays.
I've been knitting almost constantly, but I can't discuss any of it till after things are opened. It doesn't help that I am about a week behind getting things out. Bad me. I know. Think about how bad it would be if I hadn't planned ahead (at least a little bit). Back to work!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.