Thursday, October 7, 2010

I love paint!

Paint is so amazingly fantastic! It really is a inexpensive way to work a major transformation in your house, while feeding my need to play interior designer.
Today I was experimenting on my laundry doors with a lovely shade of mahogany brown to see if I could get the Victorian-type look of elegant wood doors with matching frames. To my great delight, it seems to have been a success! It should be noted that I had chickened out of trying this before, just painting the edges, worried that it would be too dark. Now I am wondering what took me so long to make the jump and do it!
I will be adding some elegant (and maybe some odd) stencils done in an antique gold/brass colored paint and eventually some curtains for the archways in the living room.
Even better is the fact that it can all get done in two weeks or less primarily with supplies already on hand.
I will take pictures once I have a door in decent light properly painted.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.