Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Not technically on the To-Do list

Though it will look lovely with the black velvet dress I plan on wearing to the holiday office party.  It was going to be a shrug, but I didn't like the way the shrug looked with the neckline of the dress, so we are going with the 1950's cocktail party look instead.   While I pondered this look, there seemed to be a need for something around the hand/forearm area.  First, I thought of the not quite elbow length black satin gloves I have, which might look a bit overly formal... what about some fishnet lace armwarmers? Genius! They'd be done in a day! 
It's been three days.  I have ripped and re-cast five different times as well as having changed yarns once.  A start had been made with a pattern written by someone else, which didn't look quite the way I wanted, so of course I started trying to design my own.
This is not going so well either.
The basic pattern looks exactly the way I hoped, but the sizing is kicking my behind,as the lace is stretchier than I expected.  Paired with the current state of my hands and nails...those satin gloves might be the best option.
Possibly providing a bit of time to attempt to end the battle between my hair and the curling iron.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.