Monday, January 14, 2013

Is rustic high maintenance a thing?

If it is, what is it actually called?  Do we have to use the phrase, "high maintenance"?  Is there another way to describe a love of high end in our handmade?
Some way to announce a preference for better quality components for the things we make (whatever the project may be) that does not involve the word "snob"?
Calling someone "particular" is only slightly better, certainly more polite, though most often used currently to apply to people who fuss over seemingly random details of no apparent consequence,(think diva dressing room requirements).
I enjoy making nice things.  I like to use the best quality I can get my hands on to make those things. I would like a title/description/word for that tendency that doesn't end up sounding like an insult when spoken in modern English.



No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.