Thursday, January 17, 2013

In Anticipation of Spring

Since I've been told that the few weeks of cold weather we have had around here counts as "winter" I figured it an ideal time to think about my spring/summer wardrobe (since summer is most of the year around here).
My favorite way to change things up is nail polish.  I love the flash of contrast against whatever I am wearing. As my wardrobe tends towards blues, greens, black and grays, I tend to favor a true red nail, a bit conventional but rarely boring. 
I began my search for one nude and one bright color for my nails at one of my favored lip and nail paint sites, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. Not just an entertaining name, their colors are really outstanding and the products high quality.  Scrolling through their nail lacquer colors, my eyes lit upon a shade called Strumpet. The vibrant plum-red with the name that makes me grin got put on the shopping list!  The lighter color will probably be looked for in person as I am finding it hard to judge the colors online.
As a distraction from hunting down perfect nail colors, I get to play dress up and go to a bit of a shindig this weekend!  I hurriedly knit up an Of Creatures hat this week to wear to the get together, while really hoping my new cat eye glasses get here in time. I just have to remember to get Husband to take pictures before we head out this time, after is rarely very flattering. ;-)

3 comments:

Ummm, honey?? said...

Um, can I talk you into making me one of those hats?? Simply darling!

I adore you and am super glad you're stepping out of the red nail comfort zone!!

JuneyTwo said...

Let me know what color you want. :-D

Essie has a lovely metallic dark blue that looks amazing on, it's called Dive Bar. ;-)

Ummm, honey?? said...

Dive Bar sounds perfect to me!!

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.