Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Just one...to take the edge off

I had an argument with a sweater yesterday.  Okay, maybe not an actual argument, more like the realization that I dropped a stitch marker several inches previously and was now missing a quarter of the increases I was supposed to have made so the sweater will actually be wearable.  With a sigh of pain and frustration, the sweater was carefully put back into a project bag and set aside to be slowly and methodically ripped back at a later time.  I had walked upstairs to find my removable stitch markers (which I still can't find), only to have a flash of color flecked with sparkle catch my eye.
Which is why I now have my umpteenth shawl on the needles.
The pattern is Out of Gas by Zhora Designs.  It's been sitting and waiting for me, particularly since I found and purchased the perfect yarn for it at Nerd Girl Yarns
I will admit to having more than a couple skeins from her shop with various projects in mind.
There is something very satisfying about casting on a shawl.  They tend to start small, so you feel like you are making progress quickly. A simple design with a pretty edging lets you feel capable but not frustrated. The finished piece can be draped round neck and shoulders to artfully display beautiful yarn, lovely pattern and knitting skill. (At least I'm pretty sure that's the idea with a finished shawl, I've got six in progress within easy reach, we won't discuss how many are upstairs waiting to be picked up again.)  They are definitely one of my favorite types of projects.
I'll pick the sweater back up to fix it...in a day or two. :-D

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.