Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Wee Bit Distracted

With things having been a bit more frantic than usual the last couple of weeks, I have been attempting to find simple, happy distractions.  While out shopping for the rather mundane combination of soap and hair dye, these lovelies caught my eye!
I met the age requirement on the package (3+) and I believe that drawing on yourself (or someone else) is fun! They had to come home with me.
One of the other distractions was actually inspired by a friend who suggested a particular lip gloss that changes color with your chemistry  which of course I immediately wanted to try.  This of course led to wandering their site and remembering how well their products had worked in previous years, and you know, it's been ages since I replaced my makeup basics and wouldn't it be nice if I got the foundation that didn't immediately migrate to the wrinkles?
Definitely a good idea! The foundation and powder stay put without looking fake.  The mascara doesn't flake everywhere and make my eyes itchy.  It's been a pleasant surprise to buy face paint that has worked for me!  I bought the pink lip gloss, because the natural wasn't available locally (I plan on getting a tube soon).  The gloss isn't overly sticky, doesn't have that weird smell/taste so many glosses tend to, and (on me) turned a vibrant shade of rose pink that was surprisingly flattering.  When I had my daughter try it, the color was a deeper, more muted rose.  For some reason she was unsurprised that the gloss was "louder" on me.  Think she is trying to tell me something? :-D

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.