Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Lovely daughter started my day with homemade pancakes, berry syrup and orange juice. Dear boy did the dishes and helped finish doing the laundry.
My darling husband took me to the yarn store .  I was pleased and picked up these lovelies less than five minutes after entering the store.
I was slowly but surely herded towards the back of the store where this was waiting!
I was totally gobsmacked! I had to ask the wonderful ladies in the store what I should start spinning with.  Two ounces (each) of basic wool in four different colors got added to the pile.
And then it was off to the pub for a pint or two, chips with beer cheese and sticky toffee pudding to help me recuperate from my blissful shock.
Fantastically awesome does not even begin to cover it! :-D


1 comment:

Cassandra and Alex said...

Happy birthday! Isn't it the best thing ever when you get an extravagant crafty gift? My husband surprised me with a new sewing machine a year ago and it still makes me misty. Enjoy that wheel!
–Cassandra

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.