Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Maybe a little unfocused

The last couple of weeks flew by in a blur.  I know they happened. I even have photographic evidence of things accomplished.
I've picked snap peas.
Cross stitched up something for my front entry. Yes. I know exactly how rude it actually is. Rather why I adore it. There are more in similar vein on their way from Subversive Cross Stitch.
I've also knit two shawls on very large needles in mostly mindless patterns that I haven't taken pictures of yet, but I used the yarn I got for my birthday. There's also a pair of fingerless mitts and a tank top, both about halfway finished.
There probably would have been more completed items, with more pictures if I hadn't found the Octopus Handbag
How could I possibly resist that? I chose the Henna colorway for the base of the purse.  It's a color that makes me happy right now and happens to also match my new favorite lip gloss!  The Evening Glow shade is perfect for making me look bright and painted without much actual effort.
Then I decided I should probably line this lovely new bag. I went and found happy shrimp fabric.
My kids and husband all announced that that was weird, even from their point of view.  I bought it anyway.
I figure something entertaining was warranted as a distraction from worrying about others, friends and strangers (rough couple of weeks on that front) and fretting over my oldest getting her wisdom teeth pulled in a few days.
Needlework, octopuses and happy shrimp it is!




No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.