Friday, October 5, 2018

I finally finished something...and it's gray

Finally got one of the multiple gray items off my needles!  It's not blocked, there are still a few ends to weave in...and there are sparkly bits that need to be sewn on, but my twist on Julgran is done!
It feels like it took forever...so, maybe I shouldn't cast on two sweaters and a giant shawl in the same color at the same time.
Said shawl is now about two feet across a side.  Happily, I have made it to the final chart.  Sadly, said chart is patterned on every row and has beads.  It may take me awhile to finish.
The picture was taken over a week ago, as that is halfway through the fourth chart.  The pillow, for scale, is fifteen inches across.

Daughter has decided to try her hand at yarn dyeing.
Obviously using a color palette far more exciting than my own.  She has knit with her little samples successfully and my kitchen survived the process.  Wins all around I think.

Technically, these bits and bobs are for my Halloween costume...
I make no promises they won't be part of my wardrobe rotation year round.  The shoe clips are just standard hardware with faux raven skulls from Fire Mountain Gems glued on.  The skeletal cameo bowtie is from Historical Emporium.

Truthfully, right now most of my time has been spent doing things like cleaning out and reorganizing closets (woo) and doing the same for the garage (woo extra hoo).  There was the panicked purchase of a new electric kettle when the old one refused to boil water for my morning tea.  The bonus being that now my kitchen glows like an '80's restaurant when I put the kettle on!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.