Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Happy Beltane! Joyous May Day!

Our current backyard is green and in bloom! 
I rather like the dandelions.  After the monochromatic colors of winter, they are little pops of sunshine.  Some of them get rather large too (my hands are not of the dainty sort):
Today, I give thanks that April is over.  It is a month that I approach every year with hope and end up praying for it to be over as soon as possible...could space folding please be involved next year?
Today we eat fresh things from the local area.  We drink tasty things bought from people we had a chat with during the purchase.
Meriwether Cider and Cold Springs Winery respectively, bought at the local farmer's markets.

I bought my third knitting pattern of the year, the first two were bought to help with stash busting in January.  This pattern was bought with intent.  The Tumanako Pullover is a lovely piece, by a designer I admire, while trying to do some good.  I bought yarn for this sweater today.  It is the first yarn I have bought since late October 2018.  Unsurprisingly, I bought the Evergreen colorway.

I also bought henna in the Ginger Blonde as well as the Wine Red shade (with plans to mix them 3:1).  My hair should look something like a cartoon characters until at least September, and as my sewing has been pulled out again, my wardrobe should soon follow suit.

I am still processing my latest personal reality shift.  The realization only hit me a couple of days ago;  my appearance can truly be what I want it to be.  What I wear will not be used as secondary judgement on my husband by his superiors.  A vaguely vulgar pin on my bag will not offend someone who will then think less of my husband for it.  I no longer have to attempt conformity as camouflage, (which is good 'cause I am terrible at it.)  If I could, I would apologize to the embarrassingly long string of random people trying to be nice to me that I was awkward and cagey around (especially at official functions) for the discomfort I caused them.

I am best at eccentric rambling discussions (frequently over fabulous food and a few cocktails) on everything from politics to religion, plants and small farming techniques, to makeup and hand made garments; I may even offer you a tarot reading, if you are interested in that sort of thing.


No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.