Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Costuming for the Occasion

As someone who has spent quite a lot of the last couple of decades keeping myself entertained, (thankfully my kids are waaaay old enough to entertain themselves now), I feel like I have a rather uniquely suited mind-set for the current situation.
My latest focus, aside from the slightly manic organization of...well everything, is the appropriate outfits for this occasion.  It's been a favorite hobby of mine for years, though the ensembles have rarely been horribly practical.  Current events demand practicality, which in my head, means as many pockets as possible and something I can wear with my boots, combined with a semi-subdued color palette.  My brain dubbed this sartorial concept, Rosie the Riveter meets Sarah Connor.
Hence, my purchase of cargo pants:
The colors of said pants will surprise absolutely no one.  They need to be tailored slightly, which I will likely get to this evening.
Now to go with said cargo pants, one needs tank tops of course!  I have the supplies to make a few All Tied Up Tanks, as well as the  non-wool yarn to make a few other in an even simpler design.
My Little Secret Crop also fits the bill, so progress continues:


I did realize that at some point sleeves would likely be needed so a couple of Knot Front Tees are also on the to be made list.
What accessories to put with this?  Stylistically, simple is best.  Something to cover ones head would be good.  Happily I finished the first of three Lisbeth hoods already!  The yarn is Malabrigo Silky Merino in the Bosques colorway.
There will also be a few of the Ivy vintage-style faux headwraps done shortly, (they don't look like much on the needles).
But what about my hands and arms you ask?  Especially with them exposed courtesy of the tank tops!
Apocketmitts to the rescue!  Yay extra pockets!
The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Single Silky Targhee in Say Nevermore

I may be slightly over enthusiastic about this particular look.  Though with as easily as I was able to put this all together, it was just a matter of time before I managed to put the pieces together.  Or had the gumption to wear it.


No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.